Altra Timp 4
Building on the hugely popular previous version, the Timp 4 got better just when you thought it was impossible! Revamped to be a top performer on any trail, this strong cushioned, well constructed, and perfectly thought out trail running icon is a shoe you will love!
It's built to handle any distance, and with the new EgoMax midsole, the Timp now has a premium foam compound underfoot that not only protects the legs but also helps to efficiently bounce runners through any trail. The Maxtrac outsole is incredibly grippy with thick lugs that won't tear off easily no matter how aggressive the rocks under foot. Durable, yet breathable upper, and drainage holes built into the midsole, round this shoe off perfectly. The comfort and aggressiveness of the Timp 4 make it a perfect shoe for your daily trail runs, or your race day shoe.
- Altra EgoMax midsole is a compound designed with excellent resilience, providing high levels of durability and responsiveness.
- Inner Flex flex grooves system provides additional flexibility and cuts weight for increased performance.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel-to-toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Foot Shape Toe Box allows the shoe to move with the bones and tendons of the foot.
- MaxTrac Outsole uses anatomically-shaped sticky rubber that prioritizes grip and durability on uneven terrain.
- Knit Upper creates an adaptable upper that provides premium comfort.
- TPU Overlay provides a lightweight structure to secure fit around the top of the foot.
- Gaiter Trap System is a velcro strap that secures trail running gaiters to the shoe, preventing debris from building up beneath the shoe.
- Standard Footshape is Altra's most common footshape that sits right in the middle of the Original and Slim fit options. This fit will be slightly slimmer than the Original roomier fit.