A stripped down and faster version of the Escalante, the racer edition sheds 2mm of stack height, but adds a bouncier and firmer EGO midsole to give you a little extra spring in your step. Whilst the original Escalante has a soft underfoot feel for those who want a comfortable low profile running shoe, the racer goes the extra distance and adds some serious juice in your step for those wanting a low to the ground speedster.
The Escalante Racer comes with Altra’s Inner Flex system to allow for flexibility in the midsole to enhance natural biomechanics, and is built on a balanced cushioning platform. To further reduce weight, the shoe receives a thinner, race-oriented upper which is exceptionally breathable.
- Altra Ego is a midsole compound designed for high energy return, providing high levels of durability and responsiveness.
- Inner Flex is comprised of a flex grooves system that provides additional flexibility and cuts weight for increased performance.
- Natural Foot Design follows the natural shape of the foot for ultimate comfort.
- FootPod Outsole follows the natural construction of the human foot for maximum flexibility and a responsive ride.
- Engineered Knit Mesh conforms to the foot for a sock-like wrap that is sleek and breathable.
- Heel Counter provides a more supportive heel wrap.
- PFS Performance Last is designed for a snug, high-performance fit.